A bestselling guide for quilters at all levels!
600 pages of insider tips, techniques, projects, history and how-tos.
A quilter for more than 20 years, Meg Cox spent five years researching and writing this quilting bible.
Inside this treasure box, quiltmakers and quilt-lovers will find:
- Profiles of 47 top teachers
- 12 projects with complete directions, 7 by top teachers such as Kaffe Fassett, Eleanor Burns & Ricky Tims
- A full chapter on fabric including the best websites for free patterns
- A full chapter on sewing machines, including how to shop for one, including a longarm
- A full chapter for beginners on everything you need to get started
- Tutorials, including one on dyeing for beginners and another on the best way to add a binding
- The best websites for technique and supplies for printing photos on fabric, dyeing, painting and embellishing
- A list of the top U.S. quilt shows
- Practical sidebars on how to: photograph a quilt, hang a quilt, ship a quilt, collect quilts, enter contests & much more!
“An essential resource… Leaves no quilt square unstitched. Sure to be a classic for years to come.”
— Publishers Weekly
“Every quilter needs this book!”
— Alex Anderson, Bestselling author & Television host
“I found myself absorbed into this book like a super novel. This is as good as it gets. Every quilter, especially the beginners should own this book!”
— Brandy G., member of Crafters Choice Book Club (which bought 34,000 copies)
“I started out putting post-its on the pages that I wanted to make note of websites, books, etc. Well, I had a post-it about every page.”
— Margaret M. Farabaugh, NJ quilter & CPA
Order a copy of The Quilter’s Catalog now via one of the links below!